Saturday, January 9, 2010

Popcorn and Chocolate Chips

I had THE best afternoon with the boys Wednesday night before church. Liam woke up from his nap all lovey and cuddly. The house was quite. I had a little Ray LaMontagne playing softly in the kitchen and it was cold outside. A perfect setting for some laid back family time. However, I had no idea it would be quite so enjoyable. Liam has recently discovered a love of popcorn so I asked him if he wanted some for a snack. He shook his head up and down. He had fun watching the popcorn pop in the micro and listening for all the "pop" sounds. Giggling away at each pop!

Ok, don't look at Mommy in this one. I have no make-up on and popcorn in my teeth (gross!) But the photo of Liam was too cute not to post. After seeing this image, I made sure I put make-up on before going to church!
Jude woke up and wanted some snack too - so I got him his very own bowl. Liam and I were having Monster Mix with our popcorn but due to the peanuts, Jude couldn't have any of the M&Ms. To prevent a melt down, I found the chocolate chips in the freezer left over from Doola's famous cookies and added them to both kids bowls. Hello Happiness. Why does chocolate make each event a little sweeter and more memorable? Jude looks pretty ticked in the photo, but he's really just letting the chocolate chip melt in his mouth. Look at how grown up he looks. Boo hoo hoo. My baby is getting so big!

See what I mean about chocolate happiness? Liam was so funny. Every time I picked up the camera he would say, "teeze!" There was a whole lot of love in the house that afternoon and a lot of peace. Thank you Lord for my two wonderful boys!

No comments: