Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tears, Donuts and Puke!

I should know by now that when I see something like this in Jude's room there is bound to be a little illness coming on. When I saw this I was so proud of him because he said he had to blow his nose all night long. He could have thrown the tissue away, but hay, he's only four.

Yesterday morning we needed milk. In an attempt to get Jude to go with me, I told him we would stop for donuts. It worked! When he couldn't eat all of the donuts in the car the tears began to fall. The waterworks last off and on all day. I should have known something was up. Then, on the way to Gramma's house, he falls asleep in the car. "Tired boy," I thought. The afternoon and dinner at Gramma and Pappa's was great. It was the 1:00 am wake-up that wasn't so great. From 1:00 to about 6:30 am, Jude threw-up every thirty minutes. Poor little guy. The first time, Adam and I changed the sheets, gave him a shower and put him back to bed. God must have given me a little wisdom because I stayed in there with him. Wouldn't you know it, within the hour he was getting sick again. The third time and second round of sheet changes Jude said tiredly, "not again!" My heart just broke. Every time he would begin to fall asleep he would get sick again. I couldn't sleep at all. I just laid there rubbing his back, praying for him, thanking God for my amazing family, feeling overwhelmed with the amount of love I have for my boys and overall just feeling blessed beyond measure. Finally about 6:30 things calmed down, the house was still and we both fell asleep.

No comments: