Monday, September 27, 2010

Sweet Jude...

I use to think that they said the funniest things when they were little bitty, but now I'm starting to second guess myself.

Today - Jude came home with two stars. He said, "oh cool. One for me and one for my brother." I replied, "awww, that's sweet Jude." Then he said, "no one for me and one for Jamesy." What? I told Jude that wasn't very nice, he should share with his brother. Jude responded, "but Mom, Liam's color blind-folded and the only color he can see is blue. So, I'm gonna give him a blue one."  Ha ha ha!  I guess he really does listen to what is going on around him. Every time you ask Liam what color something is, he replies, "blue."  This had me worried and I began asking friends about it. Yes, I know now that it's too early to tell. But - it sure did make for a good chuckle today!

This one's sweet and heart-wrenching, not funny.

Last week - When I asked Jude to pray for our meal this is what came out of his 5 year old mouth:

"God, thank you for this day. Thank you for this food and everything you've made. There's just one problem... Please help all the kids that don't have anything get whatever they need. Amen."

What? I cried so hard when I heard those sweet words. Jude said, "I know Mom, those are happy tears. Right?" Oh yes, happy indeed. I love my big boy!

3 comments:

Ma said...

Again I will say we have the "sweetest boys ever" in the Fish Home; they are so caring and thoughtful of others; traits they inherited from their Mom & Dad!!!
Love you all...

Brooke said...

thanks Ma.

Rachel B said...

What a precious prayer from Jude. ;)