Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Feeding the Ducks


Wanting to do something fun outside yesterday, I decided to take the boys to the pond by the old apartment and feed the duckies. On the way we stopped and got ice cream at Harry's. It was so fun and such a beautiful day. Until...




Jude got stuck in this tree. Do you see the look of fear on his face? I took this right as he was figuring out that he was stuck.  At first I thought he was just being dramatic. Not so much.  He was STUCK! Really stuck. I threw the camera down and went to help him out. As I tried to get his knee unstuck Liam ran over to the VERY edge of the water to see the duckies some more. Yikes!  I had to leave Jude in the tree screaming at the top of his lungs, go get Liam, put him in the stroller and go back to rescuing Jude. I really thought I was going to have to call 911. Finally Jude calmed down enough to listen to me and do as I asked him and the knee came out. (Poor little guy had bruises all over his knobby little knee.) We hugged for about 5 minutes after he was out of the tree and then went to see more ducks, waterfalls, and stone teddy bears. Whewww... what an adventure.


I snapped this photo after the tree incident. He looks much better, don't ya think?  The boys had so much fun until they began to meltdown from playing so hard!

No comments: